Friday, June 22, 2012

How I miss your voice, Kieran!

Perhaps one of the biggest mistakes I've made these past five years is not recording your voice, Kieran. I have hundreds of pictures of you, but not a single audio recording of your voice, other than a brief, 10-second video of you as nine-month-old.

Oh how I miss that voice today! And your laugh. And the songs you'd sing and little sound effects you'd make as playing.

The sad irony here is that I'm actually allowed to talk to you every day - but the courts have decided that only you may initiate the phone calls. You're barely 5 years old! You don't know how to use a phone let alone have access to one. With decisions like that, is it any wonder so many people have lost their faith in the American "justice" system?

And certainly your mother and her family aren't going to suggest to you that you can ask to speak to me by phone! No doubt they've decided that it's in your "best interest" to not speak with your father.

When you are old enough to use a phone and can access one, call me. I will talk to you as long as you like. There is so much I want to tell you and so much I want to hear about you. My phone number is 661-233-2692.

No comments:

Post a Comment